You can use your craft in crafting your way to an extra ordinary life.
Using your natural talents to succeed can be EMPOWERING!
I love making beaded flag pins! Two years ago I opened my Etsy Shop.
Using my limited time outside of my full time job to pursue MY future (And not someone else’s) has filled me with a sense of purpose. I am learning my value as I listen to my customers and the requests they have. My customers are an inspiration to me. Serving them in a way which brings a little slice of joy to their life brings joy to mine.
Recently, I moved and now I am living on my own for the first time in MANY years. As you can imagine, this is EXCITING and SCARY! My neighbor who experienced this said, “ It can be empowering”.
Now I have pivoted to make my life about what is new, what my potential is, and how my legacy will be.
Come join me on a new and exciting journey! What have you experienced in your life that required a pivot on your part to a new and empowering life?
“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs”. Dhirubhai Ambani
What is Crafting an Extraordinary Life?
- Crafting your way to a remarkable life is in DOING the steps it requires to achieve that extraordinary life. Taking action everyday to propel you towards the life you say you want to live.
- I make pins, list them in my shop, and promote them. In addition, I’m learning how to write blog posts like this and building an email list.
- When sharing my story, I hope to inspire others to stop doing the same things everyday and expecting different results.
- When you finally understand where it is you came from, you will have a better chance to change the way your life is going to go.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be”. Ralph Waldo Emerson
How do you get started Forming your Unique Life?
- This (getting started) can be the hardest part! Just take that very first step. For me, I was tired of someone else (employer) dictating to me what my value was. I returned to my full time job after a medical leave, my employer told me my pay was capped. My
- Etsy shop was open. It was time for a serious look into what my business could become.
- Time to get serious. Find your craft/talent and locate a platform to share them with the world! I picked Etsy. Find yours! You are worth it! To become who you say you want to be, ACT like you are all ready there.
- Dedicate a specific time each day (I know, you all ready work a full-time job) Me too! After leaving the company that capped my pay, I found my current full time job. Gotta, pay the bills!
- The plan is to replace that income using my true talents in a craft I love to do and, therefore, craft the life I want. Soooo, this old lady gets up one hour earlier in the morning, stays up an hour later in the evening.
“The secret to getting ahead is getting started”. Mark Twain
Tips for Success in Using Your Craft to Create Your Extraordinary Life!
- Think about a craft or talent you KNOW and FEEL in the moment, that this is IT! This is what I am meant to do.
- Create a daily plan to accomplish SOMETHING towards that thing to craft the life you want.
- Stick to it. Never quit. Cuz there will be road blocks all the time.
- Ask for help. For, me, asking for help has been hard for me. I think I can do it all by myself. I was reminded by my younger sister, as I made my bold move to be on my own. My sister and I, come from a BIG family and none of us have ever done “alone” very well. Yes, it is OK to ask for help
- Stay creative! Jot down those new ideas! Each time I am creating a new pin, something new comes along to gently nudge my business in a successful direction.
- Learn. There are always updates, new technology (Yikes!), many ways to continue improving.
“Real thinking is what can happen when your existing paradigm (all the stuff you know) gets challenged and interrupted”. Gary John Bishop
Common Questions/FAQ About Crafting Your Way to an Extraordinary Life]
- What is ONE action step I can take?
- This can be the smallest step, for instance, read a page in a motivational book to making a decision to purchase that course to teach you to start a blog or email list.
- How do I stop MY “GroundHog” Day?
- STOP doing the same things over and over! Take a moment to CHOOSE a new and different action that can move you to where you say you want to be.
- How do I choose which craft or talent? I like to make lots of things!
- Pick your favorite item you like to make. Pick your favorite talent in which you FEEL the best while you are actually in that moment.
- Where can I find ideas for a craft business?
- I am a big fan of Pinterest. It has lead me to a wealth of knowledge on many topics.
Decide what kind of life you actually want. Then say NO to anything that isn’t that.
The Last Things You Need to Know in crafting the Amazing, Phenomenal very good life you say you want.
- Take some time and go waaaaaay back to your childhood to recall where you came from. Now, it’s time to accept all that and look forward to craft the life you say you want to have.
- CHOOSE your craft or talent and take that step to share it with the rest of us.
- Begin to take action daily towards that way of life you say you want.
- Do not quit!
- Tell me the type of crafts you make or a specific talent you have where you can create that extra ordinary life you say you want.
- What is holding you back?
- “This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”