Best Hacks to Take Your Life Back
- Begin to appreciate what you have.
- Take action on the things you have control over. (You know, that craft or talent just sitting there waiting for your inspiration to make it a reality)
- Be sure the actions you are taking are based on the goals you have set. What figure income do you want in two years?
- Take the time to really THINK about that something else you’ve not considered. Work THAT in your life right now. Can you really earn six figures in a couple of years?
- When I realized I would not make anymore income at the past job I had, it really pissed me off. Who are they to tell me my value? I’ve found another job with a higher hourly rate as I do have bills to pay but what I have control over is my Etsy Shop. The action steps for me are edit, create, update my business to bring in more revenue. I can build my customer list by providing great service and product in a timely manner.
“I am thankful for all those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” Albert Einstein
What is the Continual Disruption in Your Life?
- This disruption is different for all of us, yet it is the same. We continue to live our status quo life because it’s comfortable. Change can be really difficult so we stay and DO the very things that are comfortable yet will not take us to the place we want to be.
- Finally, I made a decision to move out into this big wide world and live on my own. It is fricking scary! It’s time to pay the rent, utilities, and keep some food on the table. So each day there is a new action to take and disrupt the old crap I was doing that just kept me in the hamster wheel going round and round.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Why does this disruption continue to happen?
- It’s living the same life, same crap just a different day. Disrupting that cycle is going to take a conscious effort to DO something else that will move you in THE direction you SAY you want to go.
- Living our lives doing the same thing everyday expecting to get a different result is not going to cut it.
- I kept making choices in my life (working for someone else, busting my butt to grow their business) while poking around with my Etsy shop. Key word here. MY Etsy Shop. I can make it as big as I choose. My actions are changing each day as I KNOW I can earn an income to support my dreams for the future. You can too.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” Eleanor Roosevelt
Best Tips to stop the disruption and live life on your own terms.
Tip 1: Forgive
- Forgiveness is the only way to free yourself and move forward.
- Be willing to own your life. Leave all the anger, resentment, and blame.
- It’s time to quit using your upbringing to confirm the life you have right now and take responsibility for where you are at right now.
- You really can DO new things each day to create the life you truly want!
- Even the smallest action counts towards that future you deserve.
Tip 2: Live Life on Your Terms
- Voice your future!
- When you begin to live your life on your terms, you become:
- Happier-More Fulfilled-Have better relationships-Enjoy your work
Tip 3: Ask For Help
- Yes! It’s OK to ask someone for help.
- Seek out like-minded people to ask the questions you need answered.
- They can have answers to help you move forward and take action.
Tip 4: Invest in Learning
- Learning is truly a life-long endeavor.
- Soak up books, podcasts, You Tube videos that will educate to propel you into that life you know you want. Knowledge is Power.
- Each day- Read a little, Listen a little, Watch a little. It will empower you! I promise.
Tip 5: NEVER Give Up
- Never EVER quit. It’s OK to end a life event to make room for your new direction. It’s not OK to totally give up on what it is you say you want in your life. You have a craft/talent, they can lead you right where you want to be.
“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” Nelson Mandela
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
The Last Thing You Need to Know about That Extraordinary Life You Say You Want
- If we want to move forward to the life we really want, it is time to forgive the past, just leave it where it is. It’s never going to go away. But we can accept it and take action, turning our thoughts to the future. Each day we can run on autopilot or snap out of it and DO something else. Read a new book, listen to a new podcast, make that new item you’ve had bumping around in your head. Life will throw many obstacles along the way. Pivot another way and never ever ever quit.
- What is that craft, book, song, poem you wanted to create but have it sitting on the back burner? What tip would you like to share to move it up to the front burner and get it going?
- “This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”